Welcome to summer! 80 degrees and at least that in humidity at 8:30 am make for interesting running. This runner recalled Ed Sandifer's timeless discussion of dew points, how they are calculated, and above/below certain levels make it seem hotter/cooler. Saturday was definitely hotter. So kudos to winners Jeff Sheldon (25:01) and Deb Lemien (32:27).
Welcome back, Chuck, who is officially 50. Nice work Russ who is running strong this spring. Roxbury became the city of brotherly love as Chris paced Larry for the 4.2 mile course. Larry wins this week's vintage fashion award in his "Hong Kong Folk Fest 1985" t-shirt. Tom, where are you? We can only assume that your vintage running attire simultaneously disintegrated and that you are appropriately aging a new wardrobe. Look forward to seeing you again in 2016. Congratulations on the team effort that produced newly-named Stefan. It really suits him.
Quick answers to Roxbury Race Report FAQ:
1. Why don't you write about me? I either 1. don't know you or 2. don't know that there is anything to write about. Kindly send all stories ("I tripped on my shoelace up the Jeep Trail but was uninjured due to the mud. I did however lose a shoe.") news ("I PR'd") rumors ("Wearing orange makes you run faster?") and gossip ("Guess who forgot deodorant?") to ubergirl17 at yahoo dot com. Or talk with me at any point on Saturday morning. All information will be considered anonymous unless otherwise specified.
2. Why do you always write about Jeff? He wins. duh.
3. Why do you always comment on what we're wearing? Because I like to. And you haven't sent me anything else. You have only yourself to blame, really.
4. What's up with Chris Norris? Hello? He's CHRIS NORRIS.
5. When can I find the report on the website? My goal is to have the report submitted by Sunday night, though sometimes it slips to Monday. Chris posts it as soon as he can after I mail it to him.
Next week is the Eagle Scout Roxbury 5k. Start on the track, down Hemlock, turn around, back up again. Cost is an optional $5 or $10. Give them a little extra as it all goes to charity and otherwise you'd be running Judd's Bridge. See you Saturday!
Some results from some Roxbury Regulars (Roxulars?) running in the Moonlight Run Friday night...
Desmond O'Grady 10th
Noah Rossiter 17
Dave Harvey 32
Scott Bussom 62
Bruce Goulart 68
Jeanne Bartkus 149
Stephanie Bennett 159
Larry Deming 160
Scott Benjamin 185
Chris DiCorpo 212
Jeff Bishop 218
out of 860 finishers.
Desmond O'Grady and Bruce Goulart were #1 in their respective age groups.
A Caveat: there are some discrepancies in the results ( http://www.roadntracksports.com/2010%20Annual%20Moonlight%20Run5k.htm ) such as misspellings, names appearing more than once.
|Roxbury Race Series 2010 - Race #15 - June 5 - Hemlock to Ranney Hill|
|place||time||name||age||pace per mile|
|27||34.00||John Murphy Jr||60||8.06|
|52||58.27||Lee Anne Zarger||56||13.55|
If anyone has photos of the races, send 'em to chris (at) beatfrequencies (dot) com and I'll try to put them up here on these pages...
Roxbury Race Results (Temporary)